Summer is winding down and school is just around the corner. For me the subtle chill in the breeze means that hectic is on its way. While I love autumn, I feel as if I'm never really ready to bid summer adieu. Not that it cares, anyways. Soon it'll be off to galavant in areas below the equator, and leave us here with memories of sunnier days and lots and lots of pumpkin and spices.
Summer also leaves behind lots of overripe bananas. And we all know what to do with overripe bananas, right? BANANA BREAD!
So today I'm sharing mom's recipe for 5 step vegan banana bread. I hope you enjoy! I promise you won't miss the eggs or dairy!
5 Step Vegan Banana Bread
2 ripe bananas
1/2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. organic cane sugar
1 Tbsp flaxseed processed in a food processor
5 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp carob powder
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c. chopped walmnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350º and grease bread pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Add the wet ingredients into the bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour into bread pan and bake for approximate 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of the cake comes out clean.
What's something you're dreading to leave behind with summer, but looking forward to fall?